Instagram is one of the most widely used social media platforms, having billions of users. It has various app features that allow users to share their content. And one of the most popular ways to do it is creating Instagram stories. Who has never spent hours and hours watching Instagram story videos and photos that disappear after twenty-four hours?
The fact that you may see someone’s Instagram story video or photo for a limited time makes them more catchy and memorable.
But what else do professional Instagram influencers and gurus do to make each Instagram story they make more appealing to the audience? They add music to it. So, in this article, we will tell you how to add music to your Instagram story using Instagram itself or your favorite music streaming services.
How to Add Music to Your Instagram Story
Instagram has a built-in diverse music library where one can find genres and songs for different tastes. Try adding music to your Instagram story – you will see that it is not a complicated task. You will get better at this with time. For experienced Instagram users, creating an appealing and high-quality story with videos or photos takes seconds. But for those who don’t know how to add music to Instagram story, follow the steps below:
- Open the Instagram app and swipe left to access the in-app camera. You can alternatively click on the “plus” button in the upper right corner of the app. Look at the bottom of your screen and tap the story button;
- Record a video, add a photo from a library, or take a new one. You may add texts, apply filters, add location, or any other special effects you want;
- Add music to your Instagram story: tap the sticker icon in the upper right corner. You will see various tools for diversifying Instagram stories;
- Click on a music sticker, pick a song from the list, or search for the song you like in the search bar. Once selected, you can even choose the particular part of the song you want to add and the place of the sticker in your story, using two fingers to change its size;
- Once you have chosen your music, click the “Your Story” icon to finish the process.
Additionally, this option allows you to add lyrics to your Instagram story. This option helps catch the attention of those watching your stories.
How to Add Music to an Instagram Story Without a Sticker
There are several ways to add a song to a story without a sticker. We are going to discuss them in the article soon. However, if you don’t have the option with a sticker, there must be reasons for that:
- Your app should be updated;
- The Instagram music feature does not work in your country;
- If you have a business account, only royalty-free music can be added to your Instagram stories;
- Other technical problems may require the app’s reinstallation.
However, there are ways to create an Instagram video or photo stories with musical accompaniment. Keep reading to learn how to add music to an Instagram story without a sticker.
How to Add Music to an Instagram Story with Spotify
It is also possible to add music to your Instagram stories from the Spotify app, whether a song, an album, or an entire playlist. Once again, this method is identical for both iPhone and Android devices. Here is what you should do:
- Open the Spotify app;
- Select the song, album, or playlist you want to add to Instagram;
- Tap the three dots to the right of the song title;
- Scroll down and click Share;
- Tap Instagram Stories.
Your story will open with the song preloaded, and you can make additional changes. When you’re done making it better, post it to your story. If your followers have Spotify accounts, they can open the song on Spotify. Make sure your Instagram app is updated.
When the story is posted on Instagram, the song will be displayed as “play on Spotify” in the upper left corner. Your Instagram followers or anyone watching your story can tap the link and get redirected to Spotify to listen to it. It is a great way to share the music you like with everyone on Instagram.
How to Add Music to an Instagram Story with Apple Music
Apple just added some new features to their iOS to make all music lovers happy. The update allows users to share songs from Apple Music to Instagram Stories on iPhone. Below we will show you how to add music from Apple Music to your Instagram story.
- Ensure your iPhone is updated to the latest iOS version and go to Apple Music;
- Tap on any song, album, or artist you want to share in your Instagram story;
- Then tap on the ellipsis and add music to an Instagram story.
Then your phone will automatically generate an Instagram story. Noticeably, your friends or Instagram followers must be Apple Music subscribers to be able to listen to the song by tapping on the album cover in your story. Add a song you have good memories and associations with to an Instagram post, story, or reel to make them look more personal and attractive to the audience.
How to Add Music to an Instagram Story with SoundCloud
You may also share your favorite music on Instagram using the SoundCloud app. This feature works very similarly to the Spotify music app or Apple Music. Users who find an interesting song may share it with their friends or families. On the other hand, artists will be able to promote their soundtracks in a new way, thanks to which they will redirect their fans to their profile on the music platform.
Do you want to know how to add your own music to Instagram story using SoundCloud? Do the following:
- In the latest version of the SoundCloud app, find a music tune you want to share with the world;
- You should click on the share icon at the bottom of the screen;
- You will see the Instagram icon there, so select Share to Instagram stories.
There is no big philosophy – it’s really that simple. Discover a new piece of music, share it with the world, and enjoy the journey as you discover your next favorite song. This SoundCloud feature is available through the latest versions of the SoundCloud and Instagram mobile apps for iOS and Android.
How to Add Music to an Instagram Story with Shazam
Shazam is a great tool that comes in handy when you want to listen to a piece of music but have no idea what the song title or artist’s name is. Shazam collects a small sample of the sound transmitted through the built-in microphone on your mobile phone or computer. It then searches a database of millions of songs for a match using data from recorded audio.
If you want to add a song to your multiple photos or videos in your Instagram stories, use Shazam as an option. Follow this helpful guide to see how to add music to your story video:
- Allow the Shazam app to detect the currently playing song by opening it;
- Go to Shazam music, then tap More and Share the artwork in the Instagram story.
So, adding music to your Instagram stories may also improve your Instagram posts’ engagement. There are more chance people will visit your profile if they get interested in your Instagram story.
Why Am I Only Able to See Limited Music Choices on Instagram?
There are two main reasons one can only see limited music choices while creating stories, Instagram reels, or posts. The first reason – you have a business Instagram account. This is not your account’s fault but Instagram’s policy. The company understands the music you put in stories would be used to promote your brand or product. Therefore, it is possible to select only certain tracks that are royalty-free.
The second reason – the country where you live does not support this feature due to particular copyright laws. It is also essential to ensure your Instagram app is updated.